On this page you will find information on how to request or reserve a book; please note this service is for PHE staff only. The page is split into the following sections:
- How to reserve a book online
- Books not held by PHE libraries
- Limitations or exceptions to book requests
- Purchase suggestions
- Quality standards
How to reserve a book online, via the library catalogue
If the book that you require is held in our stock at one or more of our site libraries, please follow these instructions:
- Log in here with your library catalogue account username and password.
Further information on how to register for a library catalogue account is available here.
- Once you have found the item in the library catalogue you want to reserve, click on ‘Place a reservation’:
- You can then select which library (Colindale, Chilton or Porton) you wish to collect the book from. If you require it to be posted to another workplace address (e.g. Wellington House), please select ‘Show more options’ and enter your address in the text box:
- Select ‘Confirm reservation’ to complete the reservation.
- Your reservation will then show in your account summary. You can cancel your reservation here if the book is no longer required:
- When your reservation is ready to collect, or if it has been posted to you, you will receive an email from a member of the KLS team.
Books not held by PHE libraries
You may also request a book that is not held within PHE libraries and we will try to obtain it as an interlibrary loan from another library.
On occasion, depending on the age, cost and subject matter of a book not currently held, we may purchase a copy.
You may place your request in either any of the following ways:
- By telephoning us on: 020 368 20600
- By emailing us the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any limitations or exceptions when requesting a book?
Renewal of books which have been obtained for you on interlibrary loan from another library can be subject to other considerations such as overdue charges or renewal charges, particularly if the item has been obtained from an external source e.g. the British Library. It is quite possible that you might not be able to renew such items. In these circumstances we ask that you contact a member of library staff.
If you would like to make a suggestion you may do so in either of the following ways:
- In person to any member of KLS staff
- By email: email@example.com
We are a quality assessed library with high standards of service designed to meet your needs.
In order to achieve this, we seek to:
- update you on all requests taking longer than one week;
- and process 90% of book requests within one working day.
Last updated: 12/02/2020
Last updated on