Knowledge and Library Services is part of the Research, Translation and Innovation Division, within the Health Improvement Directorate. The service has a remit to support and underpin all PHE business activities, as well as a responsibility to work with national partners to achieve better collaboration and value for the wider health system, and to help build capacity and capability within the wider public health system.
- expert literature searching, information retrieval and enquiry services
- document delivery & inter-library loans
- access to resources (databases, e-journals, ebooks, physical collections, OpenAthens accounts)
- information skills, critical appraisal, and research skills training
- knowledge updates and alerting services
- knowledge management services and facilitation, including peer assists, after-action reviews and support for communities of practice
- integrated & embedded subject-specialist liaison to identify, source, manage & disseminate evidence for PHE Priority topics