The library at Porton is a welcoming and comfortable space, offering print resources, high-quality services, and professional expertise.
- Study spaces – desks and comfortable seating chairs for working or relaxing
- PHE laptops and docking stations with additional screens
- Print book collection reflecting current research on novel and dangerous pathogens, vaccine development, emerging zoonoses, and disaster management
- Porton Staff theses and publications
- A selection of Fiction and Wellbeing books
- A selection of books for your Learning and Development
The library is open Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, and usually staffed during those times.
There is a self-service kiosk where you can take out, return and renew your books if there are no library staff present.
The Porton Library team are happy to provide training on the topics outlined here. This can be on a one-to-one basis, or in groups. We also hold regularly scheduled drop-in training sessions, where no appointment is required – just come along when convenient to you:
- 13th February 2020 (10am to 3pm) – Learn about the PHE Discovery Service.
- 20th February 2020 (10am to 3pm) – Learn about Endnote.
- 5th March 2020 (10am to 3pm) – Topic TBA
- 19th March 2020 (10am to 3pm) – Topic TBA
Porton BioPharma Ltd.
Telephone: 01980 612711 / 612450
Public Health England
Manor Farm Road