This is a collection of books, aimed at ALL staff employed by PHE, or who are working in PHE locations. The books are chosen with the aim of supporting your professional learning and development needs.
What books are there?
The range contains books on a number of topics, including project management, leadership, mentoring and communication skills.
There is a list of relevant books on the library catalogue, where you can also search for a particular book title or topic, using the search box at the top of the page.
We have some created some lists for different topics. Click on the links below to view:
- Change management
- Leadership and management
- Project management
- Communication skills
- Organisational management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Career guidance
- Training and teaching skills
- Scientific writing and research skills
New books in the collection
We have a range of new books, titles include:
- Upstream: How to solve problems before they happen
- Thriving through uncertainty: moving beyond the fear of the unknown and making change work for you
- Turn the ship around! : a true story of turning followers into leaders
- Team of Teams: New rules of engagement for a complex world
- Switch: How to change things when change is hard
- Learn Microsoft Office 2019: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting Started with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Hands-On Microsoft Teams: A Practical Guide to Enhancing Enterprise Collaboration with Microsoft Teams and Office 365.
- How to write reports and proposals: create attention-grabbing documents that achieve your goals
How do we choose the books?
The majority of our books are purchased following recommendations from library users. Knowledge and Library Services’ staff have also identified topics for inclusion and expanded the collection.
We like to know what has helped you, so please let us know if you have any recommendations to add to the collection whether that be a single book, or a topic area you feel is missing.
How can I get them?
Any member of PHE staff can visit a site library and borrow a book. Staff based on a site without a site library can email email@example.com and have books posted to them.
More than books…
Whilst we love books, other resources are available for PHE staff to support your learning and development. Please visit the Learning and Development page on the PHEConnect.