- This event has passed.
Searching for Grey Literature
17th June @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/searching-for-grey-literature-tickets-147835378597
To provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to conduct a structured literature search using up to three sources of grey literature.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain what constitutes grey literature.
- Prepare an answerable search question.
- Formulate a search strategy in the context of grey literature.
- Apply a search strategy to sources of grey literature (e.g. OpenGrey, King’s Fund, TRIP Database).
- Use appropriate syntax (e.g. truncation, wildcards, Boolean operators).
- Have increased confidence in using grey literature sources to identify evidence to address a search question.
- What is grey literature?
- Planning and defining your search question
- Creating your search strategy
- Interactive: creating your own search strategy
- Identifying available sources
- Inputting search terms and applying limits and filters
- Assessing and amending your results
- Saving your search history and search results
- Obtaining full-text
- Interactive: apply this knowledge to up to three sources of grey literature