- This event has passed.
Google is Good-ish
2nd June @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/google-is-good-ish-tickets-147841037523
To provide an overview on why Google may not always be the best place to search for evidence.
This session will NOT teach you how to search Google effectively.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain some of the problems with using Google to conduct an evidence search.
- Recognise fake websites and how to evaluate web pages in general.
- Understand that not all websites are created equal
- Recognise some of the issues that can arise when using Google Scholar rather than searching bibliographic databases (e.g. Medline).
- Have more confidence in using reliable information online.
- Common myths about google
- How search results are organised and presented (bias and search bubbles)
- Fake websites
- Is it fact or opinion
- Problems with Google Scholar
- Tips for searching Google (when you really must)
- How to evaluate web pages