- This event has passed.
Finding the Evidence: Searching the EBSCO platform
29th July @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/finding-the-evidence-searching-the-ebsco-platform-tickets-160744985579
Please note: This is a one hour session with a demo and time to practise searching the EBSCO platform.
It does NOT include planning your search..
Alternative sessions are available: a full two hour session combining the planning and demo, an hour-long session on planning your search, and an hour-long session on searching the Ovid platform.
This session is for PHE Staff.
Details of Information Skills Training available to Local Authority Public Health Teams is available on our Support for Local Authority Public Health Teams pages.
To provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to conduct a structured literature search using a bibliographic database.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Apply a search strategy to a bibliographic database (e.g. Global Health).
- Use appropriate syntax (e.g. truncation, wildcards, Boolean operators).
- Have increased confidence in using bibliographic databases to identify evidence to address a search question.
- Inputting search terms and applying limits and filters
- Assessing and amending your results
- Saving your search history and search results
- Obtaining full-text
- Interactive: Apply this knowledge to a bibliographic database