- This event has passed.
Finding the Evidence (AKA: How to do a literature search)
3rd June @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/finding-the-evidence-tickets-147833793857
To provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to conduct a structured literature search using a bibliographic database.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Prepare an answerable search question.
- Formulate a search strategy.
- Apply a search strategy to a bibliographic database (e.g. Medline).
- Use appropriate syntax (e.g. truncation, wildcards, Boolean operators).
- Have increased confidence in using bibliographic databases to identify evidence to address a search question.
- Planning and defining your search question
- Creating your search strategy
- Interactive: creating your own search strategy
- Identifying available sources
- Inputting search terms and applying limits and filters
- Assessing and amending your results
- Saving your search history and search results
- Obtaining full-text
- Interactive: apply this knowledge to a bibliographic database