- This event has passed.
27th May @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
To register for this event, please visit EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fake-news-tickets-147840463807
To provide an overview on misinformation and disinformation.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe types of fake news.
- Identify some reputable sources.
- Have greater confidence in fact-checking resources.
- Have greater confidence in addressing myths in conversation.
- What do we mean by fake news?
- What are the types
- Why do we believe
- Who (where does it come from)
- Fact or opinion
- Why should we take this seriously?
- Tips for fact checking
- How to fact check (resources)
- Addressing a myth and having a conversation
- Some practical examples on fact checking
- Some reputable sources to use