The Library at Chilton has recently been refurbished to create a bright and welcoming new library space for you to use.
- Study space – desk and comfortable seating
- Photocopier / scanner
- Print book collection – with over 200 new books. The print book collection covers CRCE research topics, such as, chemical hazards, air pollution, toxicology and radiation protection; as well as books on broader public health subjects to support PHE staff.
- Historic NRPB and HPA reports.
- Print journals, including current copies of Air Quality Bulletin, ENDS Report, Radiation Research and the BMJ.
- Wellbeing book collection, containing a selection of self-help books, memoirs, fiction and poetry.
New in titles
Pandemics, pills, and politics: Governing global health security by S. Ebe.
Do I make myself clear? Why writing well matters by H. Evans.
Multidisciplinary Public Health: Understanding the development of the modern workforce by J. Wright et al.
A full list of monthly new in titles are listed in the Chilton Library newsletter.
Upcoming training and events
Wednesday 05/02/2020 – 1pm-3pm – Scopus drop-in session
Scopus is an abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature that can be used for literature searching and citation searching. It contains 22,000 titles on subjects such as science, technology, medicine and social sciences. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about this resource we are here to answer your queries. The Knowledge and Library Services are running a Scopus drop-in session in the Library (B1.38) on Wednesday afternoon.
A full list of databases available to PHE staff can be found on the Databases page.
Library drop-in sessions will happen the first Wednesday of the month and focus on a different resource available to you. The next drop-in session will be held on the 04/03/2020 and be on BrowZine.
Thursday 06/02/2020 – Time to Talk Day
On Thursday, in conjunction with the Time to Talk Day ‘Coffee and Chat’ event in the Chilton staff room (10.30-11.30), the Library will be displaying a selection of mental health and wellbeing titles from the Wellbeing collection. Before, and after the event, titles will also be on display in the Library.
Information on the Wellbeing collection can be found here.
Wednesday 04/03/2019 – 11am-12pm – British Standards Online
Public Health England now has a British Standards Online subscription. This training session is designed to enable you and your colleagues to:
- Locate appropriate standards – Search and Browse hints/ICS Code search
- Track revisions and updates to standards – My Notifications alert
- Tracked changes-Redlining
- View, download and print relevant standards, T&C’s
The training lasts up to a maximum of one hour including questions. No booking for this session is required.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
Self service access is available
Our contact details
Tel: 01235 822649
Public Health England
Chilton library is located on the 1st floor of the main building, in room B1.38. If you are visiting the library, please sign in at the reception and they will notify us to collect you.