“So far, 2020 has been a year that none of us could have imagined or knew what would have been in store. What we do know is that literature, and in particular poetry, can help us deal with difficult situations, be they personal to ourselves or felt on a wider scale, providing comfort, reassurance, solace, a chance to reflect, laugh, cry and share in the spectrum of human emotion.” The Reader. 2020.
With this in mind, please find links to our library poetry resources, listed below, along with links to external sites where you can access podcasts, live poetry readings, Haikus and soaring sonnets.
PHE Library Resources
- Poetry pharmacy
- The Emergency Poet: An Anti-Stress Anthology
- Heaven on Earth : 101 Happy Poems
- The Sun and Her Flowers – Rupi Kaur
- Love in the Lab – Jo Shapcott
- After Reading a Child’s Guide to Modern Physics – W.H. Auden
- Poetry Please BBC Radio 4 Episodes
- Famous Poems Read by Famous Voices: Including Shakespeare’s ‘Sonnet 29’ set to music by Rufus Wainwright accompanied by the English National Opera Chorus, Robert Burns’s ‘The Bonniest Lass’ read by Alan Cumming, and ‘Words’ by W.B Yeats read by Damian Lewis.
For more resources to support your wellbeing, return to the 12 Days of Christmas homepage.